Longterm extended community members Matt, Rob, and Eileen with Community Leader Susan
The extended community of L'Arche Portland is an essential part of who we are. We depend on the support of these community members who do not live in our homes, but who feel inspired by and connected to our communal life. Time and again, these folks have also shared with us how nourished they feel by their connection to L'Arche. We invite our supporters near and far to enter into mutual relationship with our community, at whatever level feels right for you. We have some suggestions for how you might stay connected, and we'd love to hear your ideas as well!
- Monthly e-news: We send out 2 emails a month, one that describes upcoming events and one that shares news from the homes.
- Join our mailing list: You'll receive via the U.S. Postal Service our thrice-annual newsletter with articles about a theme in L'Arche life or spirituality and lots of photos. You'll also receive invitations to our annual events.
- Follow us on Facebook: "Like" us to hear periodically about interesting articles, videos, discussions and more from the world of L'Arche and developmental disabilities.
- Become a L'Arche Prayer Partner: Send us a photo and our core members and assistants will pray for you at their evening prayer.
- Read past newsletters: They provide a great description of community life at L'Arche, complete with interviews with our core members and lots of great photos!